Wednesday, October 31, 2007

God's Kingdom

As mentioned previously, our church has been going through a series on the Kingdom of God. Last night at bible study we looked at Revelations 19. (To be honest, I'm not sure if I've ever really done a bible study on Revelations.) Overall we focused on how the Kingdom of God ultimately defeats any corrupt system here on earth and it's clear in the end that God really is "King of kings and Lord of Lords."

Personally it made me think back to when I was in Bosnia listening to Bosnian friends pray for God's return. His return was something they were not afraid to ask for and you could sense that it was something they truely were waiting for. At the time, it made me ask, if I was really waiting for God's return? Last night's study made me ask the same question. Am I waiting in eager expectation for God's return?

No comments:

Post a Comment