Friday, January 09, 2009

FLUX in HOW magazine

One of the more exciting parts of my (Sarah's) job is to work on a yearly publication called FLUX. It's a short publication with about 6-7 articles dealing with topics of transition from college to life after college. For the past two years we have worked with InterVarsity Press on this publication. We just found out that last year's FLUX publication won a "merit" award in a design magazine called HOW magazine in the not-for-profit category.

The funniest part of this whole thing was that we didn't even know FLUX 2008 was even submitted into the contest and only found out about it via a friend in Canada who happens to get the magazine (thanks Christine).

While, I don' t have much to do with the overall design of the publication, it has been a lot of fun to see the project get some national recognition from an outside source. It makes me feel like it is a worthwhile project. Now if only we can get our intended audience (graduating and departing students) to read it.

1 comment:

  1. I did read it when I received my copy at our annual banquet for departing seniors. It was fun to see your name in a byline. :-)

    ReplyDelete