Thursday, October 15, 2009

Garden Officially Done

Well it's official. I pulled everything up out of the garden last week. I have to admit it was a bit sad to do this this only because it makes the transition to winter a lot more official. But overall, my first garden experience was worth it and I was surprised by how much a 10 by 10 plot actually holds. I think in total we got about 6 quarts of pea pods, 9 quarts of beans, a few bell peppers, 4 quarts of carrots and a decent number of onions. More than enough for two people (one of whom doesn't eat to many veggies).

What will I do differently next year? I think I'll only plant one time. I tried planting a second time late July but I didn't have as much time later in the summer to take care of the plot and it's to much of a gamble with frost and snow. I also think I'll forgo the peppers and spinach which didn't do so well and try squash instead.

1 comment: