Monday, March 08, 2010

Book of the Month


So my new read has been "Between Allah and Jesus: What Christians can Learn from Muslims" by Peter Kreeft. This has been one of the more challenging things I've read recently not only because the content is convicting, but because I got lost in the fictitious debates between a Muslim, a conservative Christian, a liberal Christian and a Catholic. I found the book was actually easier to follow if I read the book out loud and spoke in different voices for each character. (https://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/code=3746)


Regardless, the fictitious debates are clever and well thought out...and there's enough material in the book for everyone's feathers to get ruffled regardless of what camp you are in. But I love how Jesus is painted throughout the book and am appreciate how it challenges some of the fallacies in my own "religion" while still encouraging my faith and love of Jesus.

I'd recommend it....but maybe not as nighttime reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment