Friday, April 09, 2010

Garden Opening Day

Despite finding an inch of snow on the ground yesterday morning, the community garden registration is tomorrow and the garden officially opens next Saturday. I've already been plotting and scheming about what this year’s garden might entail. I lost my garden partner to a job change over the winter so I actually have a larger plot to work with this year. We'll see how that goes.


So far the plan is to plant peas, onions, bean and carrots again. I'm also going to try giving the tomatoes another try even though they were a complete failure last time. Then I'm going to add in some corn and try some pumpkins. That's the plan at least...it'll be an adventure to see what manages to survive the pests and weather.

In other news, Matt has been traveling again.  St. Louis and Ohio are the destinations of choice right now.  And I'm getting ready for my boss to be leaving next week for a 6 month sabbatical.  So that will keep things interesting around my department for a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:24 PM

    WOW Sarah
    six month sabbatical. We hope everything is well with the boss
    What does this mean for your work load. We probably don't need to ask
    It always means more--more--more.
    At least you can eat lots of vegetables to stay healthy.
    Loving you through this
    Mom and Dad K

    ReplyDelete