Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lost in Translation

Last week our new house guest, who speaks only Spanish, asked how she can help out around the house.  Among other things, I politely informed her that, "I usually vaccinate the house once a month, but I won't vaccinate her room.  The vaccine is in the closet."

Judging by the horrified look on her face...I determined that something I said was not right.  Turns out the online Spanish translator we were using was translating "vacuum" into "vaccine". 

Needless to say, that was the last time we used that online Spanish translator. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:27 PM

    OH Funny!!
    Nice though a new house guest Probably the only Spanish Matt knows have reference to a soccer game HA~HA
    You are going to have fun
    How long will she be with you?
    Love~Love
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete