Monday, April 23, 2012

A Different Kind of Happy

Random Ponderings: A few weeks back, we attended an arts conference put on by one of the local churches here in town. One of the preforming artists that was there was a singer by the name of Sara Groves. During her performance, she sang a song entitled "Different Kinds of Happy".

I really like the concept of there being different kinds of "happy". In particular, it made me think about the happiness that I feel in regards to my marriage and how it's a different kind of "happy" than it was 6 years ago. Or the happiness I see in various friends who have faced really hard situations like death, sickness, or life altering situation. What strikes me is that many of them have regained a happiness in life, but it's a different kind of "happy" -- a "happy" that is wiser, deeper, less innocent, and noticeably different. It's still happiness...but just really different.

I don't know what God has in store for my life, but I pray that I will never lose sight of happiness and joy...even if that happiness and joy become a different kind of "happy".

1 comment: