Thursday, January 25, 2007

Lotion… how girly can you be?

It is kinda funny to peer around my cube to Becky’s cube (a female co-worker) and ask if she has any lotion. It is funny because I am a macho guy who, because of the pressures of society, needs to keep alive the “strong, manly, and brave” image of a Man. So in whispering that I need “girly” lotion I am in danger of ruining all my hard work at creating that persona in myself. It is just hard you know! Back here in the dry cold weather of Wisconsin you either risk looking like a girl with lotion or the walking dead because of your chapped and pealing hands. And another thing, how am I supposed to be cool when every other conversation I have with someone I am putting on chap stick? Same dilemma here! How do I keep up this “I can do anything” identity when I am dependent on the liberal application of a little stick of moisturizing balm... to my LIPS of all things!! I mean come on!


(pure satire, if you take this seriously shame be upon you… but don’t tell anyone that this small bottom line is on here or I will loose all that I have worked for in “Machoness”)

No comments:

Post a Comment