Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Going wide...really wide

So… I have not posted here in quite a while. Sarah is kicking my little tuckus in postings. But I guess I will give this thing a shot or two.

This last weekend I was able to borrow a really wide-angle lens, and boy is it crazy, reminds me of my film days. (for those that actually care, it is a Nikon 12-24mm f4) for the rest of you, basically it is ‘almost all that you can see with your eyes’ wide.

I took it down town and had a lot of fun. As sunset was approaching I relized that it would be good to be on the other side of the ithsmus I was on, so I ran the mile across (I am really out of shape) and boy was I surprised at the sunset.

More so, there was a group down at the park that caught my eye! We have seen them before but this time I actually got some pics, interacted and chatted with one of them. Basically they are a medieval times type of gang, they have really crazy battles. They have real armor, shields, bows and arrows, and tactics. They just look a little funny because the tips of the arrows, and the ‘blade’ of the swards are covered in high-density foam! After talking to one of the guys I found that they are designed per specifications and have fiberglass handles and blade cores. There was even a guy there with a replica of an Elvin Blade from Lord of the Rings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment