Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer Reading

Summer makes me think back to all those times my mom would drag us kids down to the library to sign up for the summer reading program. You know those programs where you read so many pages or books to get fun prizes (like pencils).

I recently saw a twist on this at a friends house where their kids earn a couple cents for every page they read and then they can specifically use this money to buy snacks on an upcoming vacation. I thought it was pretty cool idea. Much cooler than a pencil.

Anyways, it made me realize how little I have ready over the past months. So I pulled out my library card for the first time in over a decade am attempting my own summer reading program. I think this will probably be a bit ambitious, but we'll see.

So what am I planning on reading?
MeVille by David Zimmerman
Take This Bread by Sara Miles
Just Courage by Gary Haugen
and some book about Bosnia

No comments:

Post a Comment