Monday, March 30, 2009

Simple Joys

This past Friday our church hosted an art night were a few of us got together to respond to the death and resurrection of Jesus artistically. While I can't say that I created any masterpieces...it sure was fun to play with watercolors and acrylic paints! There is something so satisfying about seeing a white page become colorful.

The second fun thing actually happened this morning. I went with a neighbor to sign up for a community garden. As bizarre as it sounds...I was first introduced to the joys of community gardening by Cassie, a fellow student at UCSB who actually had a garden at UCSB in the UCSB community garden. I always thought it was kind of a quirky thing that she did...but secretly envied her ripe tomatoes that she would bring back to the dorms. Anyhow, there's a garden not to far from our apartment. We're on the waiting list currently and met some really cool people at the sign up event...but I'm hopeful we'll have 10 by 20 plot of dirt.

And I'm so excited to see a brown earthy canvas become colorful....and excited to begin battling squirrels for ripe tomatoes.

1 comment: