Friday, January 01, 2010

Urbana 09

You might be asking how it went. If you're curious you can check it out for yourself online at http://www.urbana09.org/program.webcast.cfm. I think they almost have all the sessions (excluding worship now posted). I actually only made it to a few sessions myself so I'll be catching up listening to the talks online for this next week.

In general, I'm coming away with a new appreciation and admiration for God's desire to dwell among His people. I also am coming away with a deep thankfulness for the talented, faithful, and fearless co-workers I get to partner with in InterVarsity (both students and non-students)

I spent most my time in the exhibit hall (thanks Christine for the above photo) talking with InterVarsity alum's and I have to admit that I think I'm officially talked out for the rest of the weeks and will revert to sign language and grunting. Matt spent most his time behind a computer running the videos and backdrops during the main sessions and I think he's thankful his pointer finger still works.

Coolest story from the convention so far is that two mornings ago, there was a call to students to follow Christ for the first time. Not only did many students respond but several of the convention center staff scheduled to work responded too. Amen to that. I love how contagious Jesus is.

It's good to be home and we're looking forward to a few days of sleep!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:14 PM

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    We are very proud of you both
    Rest and enjoy some peace before you begin again
    We are watching the final quarter of the Rose Bowl Game
    It's an awesome day in Pasadena
    Love you both
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! I didn't know about the convention staff - I wondered about that, actually! I'm glad you like the picture :D

    ReplyDelete