Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Quilt Experiment





One of the goals I have for this year is to complete projects that have been sitting around in my closet. This is one such project.

I began this quilt about two years ago after being inspired by some fabric I found (the outlining multi-color squares in the middle). This ended up being a 5' x 4' size quilt and everything from cotton, to silk, to wool was used in making this quilt.

I didn't really have an overall plan for the quilt nor did I have a pattern. Having no pattern proved harder than I thought. At almost every stage I ended up spending hours staring at the quilt thinking, "what's next"? I also found it harder to actually create what I was seeing in my head.

Moral of the story: I don't think I'll ever not work off a pattern again. Or at least, I think I'll wait for a year or two before trying that again.

But it's finally done and I think I'm happy with the overall result. If anything, I'm super excited about how the colors worked together and that I got my corners so straight.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:39 PM

    Sarah
    IT IS BEAUTIFUL
    YOU ARE SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHED ARTIST!!!!!
    GREAT GRANDMA PATTERSON WOULD BE SO PROUD!
    So am I
    Mom K

    ReplyDelete