Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Fever

A few weeks ago I received a package filled with seeds for this years garden. Every time I get those seeds in my hands I'm ready for winter to be over. But March and April I know are wild months in terms of weather. But the longer days, receiving the seeds, the slightly warmer weather (slightly warmer might just be a figment of my imagination), and fewer cloudy days are making me long for summer.

So what's on tap for the garden this year? Cucumbers, beans, peas, carrots, onions, spinach, tarragon, basil, oregano, corn, and pumpkins. I'm going to hold off a few weeks before I start diagramming out the garden layout.

If anything, I know that we are more than halfway through winter and so there is hope.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:05 PM

    HOPE is always good
    Thinking of my gardening as well
    I need to move from flowers to vegetables!
    Love you
    Mom K

    ReplyDelete