Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Garden Update

It's been about a month and I'm already slightly frustrated with the growing season. And I think my plants are too. I was able to plant many of the cold weather crops like spinach, bok choy and peas...however they've gone straight to seed in almost three weeks. The weather keeps switching between 50 degrees and 90 degrees within a few days of each other, so I think these spring crops don't know what to think.

However the beans, tomatoes and squash are growing like crazy. So I think it might just be a warm weather crop summer this year. Which will be nice. I think the past few years it's hasn't gotten warm enough for the tomatoes to be super happy. So I might just have to give up hopes for spring spinach and peas and start hoping for some great tomatoes. The one nice thing is that not only do the plants not know what to do, but the bugs don't either. I don't think I've seen nearly as many of my plants nibbled on this year. That's been kind of nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment