Monday, June 20, 2011

Headband Update



I got a chance to try those headbands I noticed last week and they turned out ok. I tried two different versions and here's the report:

The Wide Headband (http://www.alteredcloth.com/blog/2007/07/how-to-make-a-headband-version-2-the-wide-headband.php) - this was the more complicated one to make but I think turned out better. Or at least I like how it fits on my head better. This is the red and white one above. For the main part I did a 6 x 16 inch square. I think style and stitching of this one looked closest to what I saw in the store.

Reversible Headband (http://www.kcquilts.com/blog/2006/09/reversible-fabric-headband-tutorial.html): I also tried this version of the headband. The blue and pink ones above are this version. It turned out ok, but the lengths were a bit odd. I felt like I was either making it to large or to small for my head and I don't think they fit as well as the Wide Headband version.

So there you have it. A $20 headband for probably about $2 each.

2 comments:

  1. Love it...next I need a tutorial on how to actually wear a cute headband, such as these when you have thick hair like mine =)

    See you in Madison very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I would think with thick hair it'd be easier to wear headbands. I'll make you one :)
    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete