Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Crazy Quilting 2



 

So after learning how to do a small crazy quilt block, I thought I'd try something larger and use up some old scraps of fabric I had been hanging on to for far to long. You can see some of the blocks for this quilt up above. These are 15x15 inch blocks and there are nine of them total. I just pieced them together today and am working on quilting, binding and finishing the quilt this week and probably next.

I have to admit that I've cheated a bit on the quilt. I found these old embroidered roses and lace from thrift stores and an old table cloth that someone had started in our family but never finished. I liked how they worked into the crazy quilt and the roses added much more to the overall look than anything I could have done on my own.

We'll have to see how long it will take me to finish the binding and tacking. It's supposed to be around 100 degrees all week and warm weather and quilts do not go super well together. 


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:51 PM

    So pretty Sarah. I'm loving everything I see! On the first squares, binding them in black is very striking....A great idea. Using other items in the crazy quilt is one of the reasons it called "crazy". No apologies required. ;-}
    BEAUTIFUL WORK!
    Mom K

    ReplyDelete