Monday, October 10, 2011

If you love me...

you will lose this match"

This is one of my favorite quotes from "A Knights Tale". The background to this quote is that the lovely princess tells the handsome rogue to prove his love by losing a jousting match rather than winning it -- since willfully losing is much harder for a man who always wins.

While not quite the same as jousting, for my birthday I asked Matt to cook me dinner. And as I watched him fumble around the kitchen looking for corn starch in the fridge and rice vinegar in the cupboards...I felt loved. Maybe not as much as if he was a knight taking a beating, but in the dangerous world of knives, forks, and spoons...he managed to make a wonderful Mongolian Beef.

All in all, not bad for a birthday dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:21 PM

    AWWWW HOW SWEET!
    happy birthday
    Mom and Dad K

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss you both! love you guys =)

    ReplyDelete