Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Salvador

Back in college, I was introduced to some worship music by Salvador (specifically, Montana). I remember how foreign it felt to sing in a different language initially...even a language like Spanish which was not necessarily uncommon in Southern California.

However, I think I enjoyed it more than even I realized back then. The other day I found some of Salvador's music on my computer and I instantly realized how much I have missed singing in Spanish (that doesn't happen much in the Midwest). It was like their music awakened a part of my soul which I had forgotten about.

I know there are a lot of different opinions out there about whether or not churches should introduce worship songs in different languages. And for those churches/ministries who do, it's not an easy road. But personally, I think worshiping in other languages has given me a fuller vision of what heaven will be like - with millions of people glorifying/praising God in their own tongues.And sometimes, it's just fun! :)

And if anything it makes me miss California and it's Spanish influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment