Saturday, November 10, 2012

Quilt Binding


A friend recently asked me about how to best bind a quilt to finish it off. I couldn't remember if I had posted a link to these directions or not, but decided it was worth re-posting. http://www.heatherbaileydesign.com/HB_QuiltBinding.pdf

I'm always constantly amazed at how the binding can make or break a quilt. I've noticed this especially at the Quilt Expo. There can be the most beautiful quilt on display with perfect patchwork. But if the binding is somehow off, the whole quilt looks a bit funny. It's amazing how such a small thing can make or break the quilt.

I guess if the quilt is not hanging on the wall, it doesn't matter as much if the binding is straight or not. But I think it's worth it to try and get the binding right. All that being said, I'm still trying to get the hang of continuous binding. Good think I still have some quilt projects lined up.

No comments:

Post a Comment