Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"Another me generation"

Interesting article by Eric Bridges entitled "Another me generation." In it he reflects on the mentality of recent graduates towards narcissism and self absorption and how this has effected faith.

I have to say that in many ways I agree with what Eric says. To often the attraction factor of Christianity is solely what is in it for me. If I become a Christian, I will have friends...all my problems will be solved...God might bless me intently...my future is secure...I will receive praise/validation from other Christians. Then when the reality of sacrifice, self denial and humanness sets in, faith becomes unattractive.

Being a member of the twenty something crowd that Bridges targets, I have to stop and ask myself if I continue to believe in Christ or belong to a church for what I can get out of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment