Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Firery Preacher

So I stopped at Barnes and Noble today and while I was looking at 2008 calenders, someone walked in and began shouting "Citizens of Wisconsin, repent and believe in Christ. Your days are numbered....." I've seen this a lot on college campuses but never in an actual store.

I immediately felt embarrassed to be associated with the same religion as this man. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, tactics like these can bring people to faith, but it always seems like they are more divisive than anything.

However I did wonder if the Jews had a similar response to Isaiah, John the Baptist, Amos or any of the other prophets. Embarrassed at their message and convinced that God would never reach his people through methods like that. It made me wonder if these types of prophets are more for the sake of those of us who claim to follow him, than for those who don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment