Yesterday we ventured down to our parking garage only to find that our lovely jeep (and several other cars) had been broken into. Damage was one broken window, a stolen car stereo and about $2.10 in change. While it did definitely change some of our plans for the day, it did make me thankful for several things:
1) that I have a husband who loves God more than anything...so that when his beloved Jeep was damaged, he choose to laugh instead of cry or get really mad.
2) that we even have a car to begin with and that it still does work.
3) that I have never been in a situation where I have been desperate enough to steal to survive.
4) that while things like cars and possessions are nice, I don't have to let them define who I am.
5) that we are so close to the mechanic and work...so that when fun things like this happen, we can always walk!