Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Yesterday we ventured down to our parking garage only to find that our lovely jeep (and several other cars) had been broken into. Damage was one broken window, a stolen car stereo and about $2.10 in change. While it did definitely change some of our plans for the day, it did make me thankful for several things:
1) that I have a husband who loves God more than anything...so that when his beloved Jeep was damaged, he choose to laugh instead of cry or get really mad.
2) that we even have a car to begin with and that it still does work.
3) that I have never been in a situation where I have been desperate enough to steal to survive.
4) that while things like cars and possessions are nice, I don't have to let them define who I am.
5) that we are so close to the mechanic and work...so that when fun things like this happen, we can always walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment