Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Recapturing Advent

There is a fun article up on the Christianity Today website talking about Advent and ways to recapture the meaning of it. That coupled with several recent sermons on Advent has had me reconsidering what I even think about Advent. In all the sermons and article it surprised me how each touched on the idea of "waiting". I'm not sure if I've ever fully thought about the connection that Advent has with waiting. The Israelites were waiting for their king. The king has come, yet we have been left to wait for his return. In a society of instant gratification, do we even know how to wait anymore? And if waiting is something that we have lost, how do we recapture the idea of waiting? Specifically for Jesus to return?

To read the CT article, click here. There's some great ideas in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment