Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Cheese Cake adventures


There are some things that I am destined not to succeed at. Tonight I add with great fan fare cheesecake to that list.

I have been eying a recipe for a double layered chocolate mocha cheese cake for a while. I mean with a title like that, who wouldn't. Two hours later after burning out two mixers and blowing an electrical fuse twice, I decided cheesecake is just not my thing. It's in the oven baking right now but I'm fully expecting it to explode or have the oven fall though our floor into the basement below.

The only good thing coming out of this experience (besides an ugly looking, but hopefully good tasting cheesecake) is that Matt now has some great Valentines Day gift options.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:46 PM

    HA, HA!
    Well, now that I've stopped laughing I realize that isn't really funny because you have a good mixer. What happened? I've blown my share of mixers however that was before Sam got me the Kitchen Aid. Wow, did that one burn up?
    Great timeing though
    Happy Valentines!
    Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, luckily both the ones that blew were old hand held mixers that were about 10 years old. I had gotten one from a friend during college who was moving and getting rid of stuff and the other one I think I had gotten when I first moved away to college. So both were probably due to die anyways. It was just funny they happened at the same time.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete