Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Life Update

Our new house guest arrived safe and sound on Monday. Finn from Norway will be staying with us for the next four months and it'll be fun to learn more about that part of the world. Already, Finn and Matt have bonded over camera's, hiking and have started making plans that will for sure keep us (well for sure them) busy the next few months.

I drove in hail for the first time in my life yesterday. That was fun, it was kind of like driving on marbles. During this experience however, I came to the realization that I think I pray more in the car now that I've moved to Wisconsin than I ever have in my entire life. Other than the 5 minutes of hail...it's been pretty cold. Matt and I like to call it booger freezing cold.

Matt takes off tomorrow for Indiana. He's helping tech InterVarsity's national Greek Conference (for students involved in University fraternities or sororities). Out of all the conferences InterVarsity does, this is probably one of the more powerful and interesting ones. The likely hood of many of these students going on to be politician's, lawyers or some other community leader is quite high so it's my prayer that God will work powerfully in many of their lives and that they will catch a vision of God's plan for this world which includes the many places of influence they may end up in.

Anyways, that's a quick update on the Kirk household.

No comments:

Post a Comment