Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Things that testify

Last night at bible study we finished up going through the book of James. One of the verses that stood out to me the most was, "Your gold and sliver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire." (James 5:3). It's a pretty upfront verse. And while it's a bit out of context, I couldn't help but think of all my "gold and silver" and the ways those might testify for or against me. I usually don't think of my things testifying against me but it's a challenging thought to think of them doing that. What would our Jeep testify about? What would my clothing or couch? What would my bank account testify to? Or even worse, when I get to heaven, will there be more "things" or people there to testify for or against me. I would hope that there would be more people there to testify for me.

It does make me rethink how I view my things.

No comments:

Post a Comment