Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Whole Life Transformation

I've really enjoyed reading this book called "Whole Life Transformation" by Keith Meyer.  My favorite quote so far is
"there is little appeal in becoming 'spiritual vampires,' sucking on the blood of Christ for forgiveness while being barely alive spiritually.  My students recognize it often contributes to the 'management of sin,' an endless cycle of repetitive acts of sin and shame followed by confession and temporary relief through grace.  Without an alternative way of living this sets up the sinner for needing ever more relief from sin and never finding the antidote.  The students know that obedience is better than sin management.  And they are hungry for learning how to put sin to death rather than becoming comfortable with it."
I've never thought about grace in the ways that Meyer describes.  And I have to admit that I had some pretty funny images of people at church in my head the Sunday after reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment