Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Random Acts of Compliments

We were recently sitting eating a healthy breakfast of McDonald's egg burritos at a classy Chicago Oasis (for those of you in California, an Oasis is a building built over a toll way that has tons of fast food restaurants. So you can stop right off the freeway to eat without ever leaving the toll way).

Anyways, we were having a deep discussion about the health benefits of processed cheese when we were approached by a woman. I'm ashamed to say that my initial reaction was defensiveness and assumed we were being approached for money or a ride. However, she simply said, "I've been watching you two for a few minutes and I just have to say it's so refreshing to see two people so in love." Then she simply walked away.

I was taken aback by such a random act of a compliment. It challenged me to think of the last time I've given a random compliment like that.

It also made me shake my head that such a "cheesy" conversation was the object of notice. But I guess were a pretty cheesy couple so it's only appropriate.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:32 PM

    HA~HA~HA!
    Actually very sweet
    We were talking in Sunday School on---umm--Sunday that we never know how or when we will impact someone!
    It also reminds us to compliment randomly.....It gives a smile in return
    AND...we like to know others see the love in you!!!!
    Much of that love
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. anyone who can make 'processed cheese' look romantic... MUST be in love! =) You both ARE so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete