Monday, September 17, 2012

The Unknown Love

A friend of mine was over a few weeks ago to see Emma. As she held Emma, she commented how amazing it is to think about everyone who is holding and loving Emma now.  And if you think about it, Emma will probably never know a majority of the people who have held/loved her these past few months.

It got me thinking about all the people my parents talked about who held me when I was a baby. A lot of those people I have only ever known by reputation and old photos. But it's kind of cool to think about how much I was loved...and I didn't even really know it.

And the same for my daughter. How she is so loved by people who she will probably never know. And that's pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, you were so loved and held by many family and friends. And many of them enjoyed watching you grow to become the mother that you are today. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, Loving hugs and kisses from those who love you and Matt and now love Emma. There can't be too much of this!!
    Then there are all those who love from afar, who perhaps never will hold Emma however their love and prayers reach The One who loves us all.
    Give Emma a kiss from her Grand Kirks and tell her we love her so very much ;---} (not 3 noses they are tears)

    ReplyDelete