Sunday, February 18, 2007

Adventures in Apartment Living part 2, by Sarah

Sundays are generally a quite day filled with much sitting around contemplating why the specks on the wall look like the face of Benjamin Franklin. And so this Sunday was no different when all of a sudden my tranquility was disturbed by the loud rumbling of firemen racing up to the second and third floor of our apartment complex.

Benjamin and I listen to muffled bangs and shuffling of many feet above and I finally pick up enough courage to poke my head out of our apartment hoping that I wouldn't be caught in the middle of some major disaster.

I find my neighbor in the hallway with our upstairs neighbor looking utterly bewildered and in disbelief.

"uh...is everything OK?" I ask hesitatingly.

"No!" responded our next door neighbor, "The "flipping" idiot on the third floor just pulled the hot water pipe out of his bathtub and all that water not only went through his (the upstairs neighbor's) apartment but into mine as well! And they just carted this guy off for possession of firearms and drugs! No wonder he was so giddy about the whole thing!"

A few hours later after helping my neighbor clean up, she is still waiting for the water sucker up people to get the water out of her apartment and I am back to staring at Benjamin thankful that his speckled image was not damaged by a firearm wielding, drug overloaded man who thought he'd teach the world a lesson by pulling out a pipe.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:39 PM

    Frightening!!!
    You do seem to experience odd occurances! I guess you are just in the right place at the right time.
    Hope the "water sucker up people"
    finally arrived. Glad you were able to help. You and Benjamin now have a great story to tell. ;-}
    Now if I can only get this to you instead of it being lost in cyberspace I'll be lucky.
    Stay warm
    Mom K

    ReplyDelete