Friday, March 02, 2007

So that's why I went to college- by Sarah

Well, I've been out of college 4 years now and I think I have always wondered why I was a history major. (I'm sure my parents have been asking that question in silent desperation as well.) I started my new job yesterday and out of the blue my first two days have been filled with editing articles that will be going into an alumni publication that is coming out this next month. Crazy! All those late nights trying to figure out if my history essay was actually proving that Russia won the Cold War are paying off (hmm...maybe that's why I failed Cold War History). I'm actually using my writing skills for something!

While I wont be doing editing for most of my job, it's nice to put my rusty writing skills to use. It's cool that God has a purpose behind every detail of my life.

For those of you who haven't heard, I took a part time job working with InterVarsity's Alumni department. I'll be working there 20 hours a week mostly helping maintain the data base and then will have the opportunity to help out on other alumni projects along the way.

Transition...transition. I feel like that's all I've done the past year. I have to admit that while I love where I am at now, I definately feel like I have reverted back to being a kindergardener tring to figure out how to use crayons and glue and learning for the first time that there are really unspoken rules to how things work. At least this time around I know not to eat the glue!

No comments:

Post a Comment