Saturday, April 26, 2008

The New Conspiritors

If you have been involved with any church with in the past 10 years you've probably noticed some new "buzz" terms floating around such as "the emerging church", the "monastic movement", "mosaic churches", and the newest "missional church".

Most the time I laugh at all these terms because in some ways it seems they are all trying to do the same thing. Or it seems like a trend that will die off and be replaced by some new term. More out of skepticism rather than a desire to learn about these movements, I picked up "The New Conspirators" by Tom Sine which just came out not to long ago. I was pleasantly surprised. Tom does a fairly good job summarizing what each movement is about and the heart behind each movement.

I'm not necessarily ready to jump on board with any certain movement...but I like the challenges each of these movements pose to the church at large in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment