Monday, August 15, 2011

Hints of Change

I looked outside this morning and saw one small branch with yellow leaves and immediately felt conflicting emotions.

I felt joy. I love the fall. The fall is probably my favorite time of year mainly because everything looks so brilliant and dramatic. It makes me think of harvest and a fullness of God's provision. And the weather is often cooler meaning it's much more comfortable to go hiking or biking but not to cold that we'll lose a finger or toe.

But I also felt sorrow. I'm not ready for fall. This summer has gone by way to fast and this year we've been to preoccupied with church activities, weddings, and gardens really to do our normal summer activities. I think we've been biking once and haven't even gone camping yet this year.

So as I gaze at this golden leaves, they are urging me not to waste what's left of this summer. Because while fall will be glorious, winter is right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment