Saturday, August 18, 2007

Corn Fest

This weekend has been Corn Fest weekend. And what a weekend it has been. Our church sponsored a booth where kids could come and race toy boats by blowing on the sails. Christine, also made this amazing photo board as well (see picture). One of my most favorite moments was when I somehow convinced these two lovely ladies to pose for a portrait. I've never seen old ladies get so giggly and laugh. I've decided that's how I want to be when I get older!

Friday night was a blast watching kids get dizzy and talking with people who had come to enjoy the fair. We even got to meet the Mayor and talk a bit about the town. Saturday was slightly disappointing because it rained the whole day. It made for a much slower day. So we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

The best part so far has been that we got a grocery bag filled with as much corn we could stuff it with for 5 bucks. We're going to be on the corn diet for the next week if anyone wants to join in! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment