Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Narnia

I guess it was inevitable, but Disney has just announced that they will indeed produce all of the Narnia books.

The announcement to continue on the series thus comes as no surprise. The ongoing trend for huge sequels such as Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, and The Lord of the Rings has also added onto the reason to make the decision. (The Christian Post)
I guess it's not surprising after The Lion and the Witch and the Wardrobe did so well. I do have to say I am a bit saddened by it. They had been such childhood favorites growing up and I have such deeply ingrained ideas on what each character and scene looks like. A part of me doesn't want any of that ruined. A part of me also wonders how much of C.S. Lewis's theology will be lost as well since some of it can not be translated to the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment