Thursday, August 02, 2007

How do you take a group photo… of 600+ people… at noon?

As you probably, know from previous postings, that I was in Canada for the IFES World Assembly. I was the event photographer for the once every four year conference where delegates from over 150 countries come to share ideas, stories, and fellowship with other missionaries around the world.

One of my roles (I will hopefully be getting to more of them in the future but for now…) was to take the large group photo shown above. The only thing was that it was during the worst time of day (noon) for lighting and… oh yah, I have never done anything to this size before.
I was really excited to try this new and challenging thing, and after it was all done I had the strange feeling of jubilation mixed with relief and a bit of “That’s it? Its done?” thrown in.
If you want all the technical “how I did it” notes and stuff got to my photo blog at fpphoto.blogspot.com for a lot more in depth tech mumbo jumbo.


The overall rundown is that I got to go up 30 feel it a lift, use some very powerful studio strobes to fill in the shadows, have a blast doing it (and a little scared as well), I learned a ton, and now have one of my photos reproduced over 1,000 times!

Special thanks to Dan, Steve, Scott (who took the photos of me as well), the Redeemer University College Tech Team, and all the others who helped "direct traffic."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:42 PM

    WOW!!!!
    Matty this is awesome (umm, I don't quite understand the specifics but, hey, I'm Mom)
    Thanks to Scott for the photo of you!
    Much love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete